Attached Parenting & Separation Anxiety
It's now my 5th day here as inpatient here in Minneapolis MN. I am taking advantage of the message therapist with her lovely aroma therapy.... and the room service they have here. Their food is not the best but it's a little better (more nutritious) than my husband feeding me Pizza on bed-rest every night (giggle).
Oh how I miss my family, it is hard being with your children everyday and then trying to cope with the separation of being away from them. They will be visiting this weekend and oh how excited am I! I don't know how mothers do it when they go back to work after baby or if you choose public school for your kids, I am fortunate to be able to stay at home with my children and I consider that to be such a blessing for our family, I have a pretty unique style when it comes to parenting and separation is not a part of our flow at home. If you had to label a parenting style it would be attached parenting with my little ones.
Attached Parenting is unique and most people think very little of this style, I personally had issues with the name at first, thinking people would say I coddle my children, they will be to spoiled, or they will never learn any Independence.... which is so UN~TRUE ..... If you have ever met my children, They are more independent than most children I meet, my Boy has more of a social life and more independence than even I DO! (its a little embarrassing)
I think it’s the best way to foster the type of relationship that I want to have with my children. I think it’s the best way to teach them to treat other people with compassion and respect because as a parent I am listening to my children and their NEEDS.
Here are Links to great information on AP:
I will blog more about about AP another day but just wanted to get this out there for anyone who wanted the information.
We all know this cover photo for TIMES magazine.... PERFECTION!
Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, respecting your children and their needs, ....ect.... believe me I will cover it all (wink)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Put your "opinions" here lol