Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Picky eaters? NO!

KIDS EAT WHAT YOU GIVE THEM!!!

I dont know what you may or may not feed your children, but I have a bit of a rant here .... do not read if you feed you kids daily mac and cheese because you have given into your childs cries, and picky eating habits and just cant deal with them being upset, EVER.

I am all about freedom schooling, letting your children make their own decisions ect, but when it comes to food? i feel there is no excuse unless you are on a limited budget (can not afford the better food selection) for your children. I have witnessed families well off just giving their crying children Ramen noodles, Candy, Chips, BECAUSE they were crying that broccoli was to disgusting.

 the worst I have seen was a a mother putting sweet and low into WATER! really we have come that far kids can not even drink water?

WHY do you think they believe broccoli or water is to disgusting?  it may be because you are not giving it to them... or you are...and they will not eat it or drink it and are a tad stubborn. 

HERE is my advice.... YOUR CHILDREN.... WILL NOT STARVE! YOU PUT A PLATE IN FRONT OF THEM WITH VEGGIES AND GOOD FOOD THEY WILL EAT IT!  just give them a day and  they will love it! at least by the end of the day ... if not you keep giving the veggies, healthy whole foods, ect...  and not giving in to their picky attitudes and they will come around and love it .... they will NOT stop eating and starve (wink) I promise you. they will EAT their plate. 

It is we who give them what they need and it is we who can destroy that nutrition that they need!. don't buy Doritos, cookies, chocolate milk, candy to have in the home, buy healthier snacks, healthy foods they can pick out from home what they want, that way they will not see it and cry, scream, tantrum,  for those particular type of foods, if that's what your "picky eater" does.

 YES my children have asked if we can have ramen noodles again sometimes from when I would give them some in a financial crisis 2 years ago. and he EVEN asks if we can go to McDonalds again time to time.... I say "No, there are better healthier options for you". Do I deprive him of McDonalds or Burger King? Not entirely. I will bring them eventually just not once a month (once a month does not seem to bad but our choice is not to),  and most of the time they do not want to eat, they just enjoy the play area so I am not to concerned, everyone has guilty pleasures even children, lol. 

With kids it may be hard and difficult to get them to eat but when they say they are so hungry? or the famouse one in my home is "mom IM starvinggggg" lol and after denying a plate of veggies? I say tough. As long as you do not have it in the home they will learn not to complain about what you make.

My children now eat raw peppers, raw avocado, salads for lunch most the time, radishes, eggplants, quinoa, ect the list goes on. Believe me it works it just takes time ;) 

THIS COMMERCIAL HAS SO MANY WRONGS ABOUT IT


do you NOTICE the pyramid?  pause it at 14 seconds

do you see what is wrong there????

"when her DIET decided to effect her development and growth"   ?? 
OF COURSE your pediatrician recommended PediaSure .... you were feeding your kid Syrup (bottom right) FRIED chicken, and cookies.  

"she will not eat ANYTHING GREEN"???

I am sorry but if your child can not eat anything green because of the way it tastes?

 then give her some greens and nothing else. 


I just can not understand how a parent who can FINANCIALLY feed their children right let it 

go junk all the time. :/ 
<3

CHECK OUT THESE TEENS


Diabetes in a cup, does not matter if they are 100lbs or 300lbs thats sick right there. They are setting themselves up for problems. 


Here is a blog post of healthy cheap foods if you are looking for one


By Mary and Family <3





END OF Opinion :)



2 comments:

  1. Love it! Really wish more parents would be like you! I ate better as a kid then I did about 5 years ago and I'm finally getting back to the good foods. As a kid my mom/grandma made me and my cousins try everything. Some things took a while to like but we still ate them. My mom told me I used to love mushrooms (edible ones) so much she'd have to hide them from me or I'd raid the fridge and eat them all. She used to also feed me liver and just say it was steak. There's food I'm just starting to like again and I'll say something about it to my mom and she'll say "you used to eat that all the time" I'm not sure where I stopped liking it Lol. My grandmother would also always have to chase us grandkids out of her garden since we would raid it every chance we could cause we loved the veggies she would grow. Keep up the wonderful job at raising your family Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its amazing how we just forget good foods, maybe it was a get out of the house I'm free and broke phase where I would eat so much fast food, ramens lol because I had no money and started living on my own. I used to sit in my grandmas garden and just munch on everything to.

      Well thank you for reading :D and thank you so much I sure am trying and learning as well.

      Delete

Put your "opinions" here lol